The Philadelphia Film Society is looking to hire a part-time Assistant Manager for the PFS Roxy Theater. In 2013, the Philadelphia Film Society took over operation of the historic Roxy Theater in Rittenhouse. PFS operates the Roxy as a first-run theater screening a mix of independent, mainstream, and international cinema. The Roxy is also the home of PFS’ year-round programming, focused on extending the festival experience beyond October with the best in contemporary film from around the world and retrospective favorites from all eras.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Regular and consistent attendance.
– Upholding and administering all theatre policies.
– The training, developing, coaching and supervising of non-management employees.
– Performing all staff positions as required including Box Office, Concessions, and Ushering
– Operating all projection and audio-visual equipment within the theatre, both hardware and software, including all applicable film handling (threading, building-up, tearing down, etc.) and maintenance as required. Maintain a working knowledge of all systems within the projection booth including maintenance, programming, TMS operation, and all related projection skills.
– Ensuring Member & Guest satisfaction.
– Counting, depositing, and reconciling all receipts taken in during a business day. Receipts include cash, credit cards, coupons, checks, discount tickets, and any other mode of payment or accountability deemed applicable by PFS.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities as assigned by the GM or other senior manager:
– Controlling costs, including all direct operating expenses; purchasing and ordering concession and any other supplies needed for daily operations.
– Supervising theatre maintenance (building and grounds, where applicable), including performing minor repairs and obtaining qualified personnel for large maintenance concerns.
– Marketing and promotions of membership and feature film engagements through sales and introductions made at showtime.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Availability: Open availability preferred. Some dayshifts required .Must be available nights and weekends. Holidays are required.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent (if not currently a high school student). At least 1 year supervisory experience or 1 year movie theater experience. Projection Booth experience (35mm & Digital) is requested but not required.
Language Ability: Possess good public speaking skills. Effectively communicate in both oral and written form with employees, vendors, corporate staff, etc. Listen effectively, respond clearly and directly, and ability to explain information to others.
Math Ability: Perform calculations with speed and accuracy, and identify and correct errors.
Reasoning Ability: Identify problems, gather relevant data, and note possible causes of problems. Evaluate relevant information, recognize alternatives, reach conclusions based on evidence, and recommend solutions. Take action beyond what is necessarily called for, and perform tasks with a minimal amount of supervision. Perform under pressure and/or opposition.
Computer and Office Skills: Proven experience with PC platforms and knowledge of basic office programs including but not limited to e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets. Operate copiers and other office equipment.. Use tools and equipment with dexterity, and perform mechanical tasks as necessary.
Personal Skills: Interface effectively with customers, the public, and co-workers, and exhibit sensitivity to the feelings of others. Establish goals, budget time, and set priorities to achieve desired objectives.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises an unspecified number of employees. Responsibilities include training and coaching staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, addressing complaints, resolving problems, and under the direction of the General Manager disciplining of employees. As directed by the General Manager, responsibilities may include interviewing and hiring.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 75 lbs. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Submit Resume and References to Benjamin Miller Marks, RoxyGM@Filmadelphia.org.