The Consortium for Policy Research in Education (CPRE) headquartered at the Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania seeks a part-time Junior Videographer (up to 20 hours per week) with 1 to 3 years experience in filming and editing digital video. As a Junior Videographer, you will work directly with talent on location, in a studio, and remotely to accomplish various video goals. Primary job responsibilities include videotaping, editing videos, and assembling material into final products that include graphics and sound effects. The candidate will work with other team members to conceptualize, shoot, edit online video and audio content, and contribute to a virtual space with videos, podcasts, research, and interactive forums. Furthermore, the candidate will manage all aspects of the video production process and contribute to digital media campaigns.
– Bachelor’s degree in Digital media or relevant field and experience in film/videotaping and editing related activity.
– Must be proficient in editing software: Abobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Audacity or other media editing software.
– Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks, and Photoshop).
– Experience working with social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Vine, Google Plus, Periscope).
– Excellent time management, organizational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively.
– Exceptional written, verbal, copyediting, and interpersonal communication skills are required, as is experience in developing social media campaigns and project management.
– Knowledge of web design, content management systems, animation, and instructional design, a plus.
To apply for this position, send cover letter, resume, and links to examples (or a link to your digital portfolio) to Bobbi Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a part-time (up to 20 hours per week) position and is contingent upon continued grant funding.