Scribe Video Center is seeking an experienced Field Producer to coordinate Street Movies!, an outdoor summer film series. Scribe partners with neighborhood organizations across the region (Philadelphia, Camden and Chester) to present screenings of short independent films in community-based public spaces (vacant lots, parks, playgrounds, etc.) The screenings include live performances (music, spoken-word, dance, etc.), as well as a facilitated discussion of the films. A total of seven Street Movies! presentations will take place in August 2017.
The Field Producer enlists neighborhood groups to partner with Scribe, works with groups to develop a film program that is of interest to each selected community, recruits emcees, live performers, and technical crew, and writes copy for marketing materials (posters, program guides). A substantial amount of time is spent researching, screening, and selecting appropriate independent film works for Street Movies!. On the day of screenings, the Field Producer is responsible for working with a small road crew, bringing projection and screening equipment to each outdoor site, and setting up and breaking down of video, audio, and projection equipment. Presentations are video recorded and presented live to the audience.
This is a part time temporary position from May to mid-September 2017 and reports to the Program Manager.
– Demonstrated knowledge of digital video projection equipment
– Knowledge of lighting, video and audio recording
– Experience directing live performance for video
– Ability to work with diverse communities
– Experience curating film programs
– Excellent public speaking skills with an ability to represent Scribe and communicate about our programs to diverse audiences
– Valid driver’s license with experience driving a passenger van
– Experience supervising staff
– Ability to lift and carry equipment
– Highly organized and good at inventorying equipment and supplies
– Knowledge of Philadelphia area neighborhoods
Hours and Compensation:
$18.50 an hour. This position is posted as a part-time position.
Scribe Video Center serves a diverse, multi-racial, multi-ethnic constituency in the Philadelphia area and encourages program participation from women, youth, seniors, people from lower economic classes and all sexual orientations. We look for a staff that is reflective of that diversity.
Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to the programs at Scribe, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.