The Free Library of Philadelphia is looking for a creative individual with strong communication and organizational skills to serve as an integral part of the team that is charged with building brand awareness and visibility through digital and print communications. This individual will be responsible for providing key production and logistical help, ensuring that Free Library communications are printed/created and disseminated in a timely and professional manner.
– Serve as an integral member of the Communications team and help develop and carry through marketing initiatives from the brainstorm phase through completion, providing creative and logistical support.
– Serve as primary point of contact with printers, advertising companies, and other external vendors as assigned to secure design specs, price quotes, and press timelines, ensuring a minimum of three competitive bids for all print projects
– Manage the creation of schedules and timelines for all projects using the Basecamp project management system
– Serve as the External Affairs liaison to the web department, passing along key content for new pages/initiatives (and managing the editorial/approval process) and ensuring that existing Foundation support and programmatic pages are always kept up-to-date. Update the freelibrary.org calendar/site with Foundation-sponsored programs and initiatives as needed. Provide support for social media and the blog along with the Social Media Manager.
– Serve as videographer and photographer as needed, with a particular eye towards bolstering digital/social content with pictures and videos; coordinate these services with outside vendors as needed.
– Serve as a member of the Libraries social networking team, contributing content and ideas to advance the Library’s brand and mission
– Serve as point person for small internal design requests, such as fliers, web buttons, auditorium slideshows, etc., when appropriate.
– Assist the Assistant Vice President of External Affairs as necessary with public relations outreach, including booking Free Library spokespeople on radio shows and sending out public service announcements.
– Assist the Assistant Vice President of External Affairs with additional communications projects, including writing, photography, marketing partnerships, public relations, and design, as assigned
– Other Projects as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of External Affairs
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, or a related field
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– One to two years previous marketing/production experience, preferably in non-profit or cultural sector
– Ability to multi-task and handle multiple high-level projects at the same time
– Superior knowledge of grammar, syntax, and publication-ready text requirements
– The ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure
– The capacity to pay close attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
– High degree of organization and the ability to plan, track, and execute projects on time
– Ability to coordinate with other staff, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks
-Familiarity with Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite required
This position has a Full Benefit Package including: Health, dental, life, and disability insurances; flex benefits and retirement plan; generous leave time allowance.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume with “Communications and Production” in the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org.