Scribe Video Center is organizing a national touring exhibition of video works produced by media arts centers and independent community producers. This touring exhibition will present a retrospective look at video documentaries produced in various regions across the country over the last 50 years. Selected works will screen at arts centers, museums and other venues across the US. For the planning phase, Scribe is seeking a Project Coordinator/Film Researcher to coordinate this exhibition, including assisting in the research, review and selection of work, writing summaries and synopses, creating marketing materials and coordinating screenings at venues.
The Project Coordinator/Film Researcher will work closely with the Project Director and the Curator to research the history of participatory community media, identify trends in the field and assist in the selection of works. As an excellent organizer and communicator, the Project Coordinator/Film Researcher is responsible for managing communications among the project team, advisors, and national project partners (producers and screening venues). Other major tasks include creating a database of collected materials and making materials accessible to the project team.
– Familiarity with US media arts centers and community media producers
– Film/media studies background
– Print traffic experience
– Licensing and contracting experience
– Film programing experience
– Ability to work with producers and groups from diverse backgrounds
– Ability to represent Scribe and communicate about the project to diverse groups
– Experience supervising interns or volunteers
– Highly organized
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Creative Cloud suite
Hours and Compensation:
– 20 to 24 hours a week
– $17.50 an hour,
Applications received by May 30, 2017 will receive full consideration. Position to begin in June 2017. Please send a cover letter detailing how you would contribute to the programs at Scribe, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.