The College of Physicians of Philadelphia, home to The Mütter Museum, is looking for a Digital Video Producer to join their Communications Team. This is a part-time position perfect for an entry-level creative with strong visual media skills, looking to boost their portfolio while producing engaging, educational content for one of Philadelphia’s foremost cultural institutions. Flexibility required, some evening work required.
The position is responsible for the creation of online video content relating to the Mütter Museum’s collections and exhibitions, along with its other programming, including education and public health outreach, and more.
The perfect candidate should…
– Have good workflow and digital asset management practices.
– Be quick-thinking and quick to produce exciting content.
– Know how to tell a good story.
– Understand creating content for multiple platforms.
– Be willing to experiment.
– Have professionalism and discretion.
– Be collaborative and willing to share basic skills with departments.
– Media creation from ideation to shooting to editing.
– Relevant Adobe Creative Suite software, Final Cut, iMovie.
– Comfort with all forms of video capture, from AVCHD to DSLR to iPhone.
– Experience with still photography and social media are a bonus.
About The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
The College of Physicians of Philadelphia, founded in 1787, is one of the oldest professional medical organizations in the country. Twenty-four physicians of 18th-century Philadelphia gathered “to advance the science of medicine and to thereby lessen human misery.” Today, nearly 1,500 Fellows (elected members) continue to convene at the College and work toward better serving the public. Throughout its 229-year history, the College has provided a place for medical professionals and the general public to learn about medicine as both a science and as an art. This historic spirit continues in our current mission: advancing the cause of health while upholding the ideals and heritage of medicine.
The College strives to…
– Enable individuals, families, and communities to take greater responsibility for their health.
– Improve the health of the public through service to health professionals.
– Enhance appreciation of the heritage of medicine.
– Provide information for the development of health policy.
The College is home to the Mütter Museum and the Historical Medical Library. Our outreach programs include our History of Vaccines website and the Karabots Junior Fellows program. The public is invited to attend the many lectures, workshops, and conferences the College offers. Our programs reflect our reverence for the past, our commitment to the present, and our vision for the future of medicine and health.
Send a resume with preferred hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Video Producer” in the subject line, and along with your application. Show us what you can already do – provide links to previous work/your portfolio. Send us some of your favorite examples of video on social media. Whether it’s a hard-hitting news piece or a donut recipe, tell us what makes them great content. This is a part-time position perfect for an entry-level creative with strong visual media skills, looking to boost their portfolio while producing engaging, educational content for one of Philadelphia’s foremost cultural institutions. Flexibility required, some evening work required.