The Children’s Literacy Initiative is seeking a Multimedia Developer to help to create educational videos, webinars and Independent Learning Modules in support of teacher professional development in early literacy education. CLI is a mission driven organization that is committed to embracing the diverse array of individuals who comprise our team. We draw inspiration for innovation from the children we serve and from educators, administrators, and the work-at-large. Founded over 26 years ago, CLI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides educators with training and coaching in the most effective practices for early literacy instruction for prekindergarten through third grade. CLI’s work has been validated by prestigious organizations and has garnered national attention. CLI’s proven theory of action shows that when teachers receive the right combination and intensity of training and coaching, they can become exemplary instructors who make an impact in helping children achieve. Our workshops and institutes build teachers’ understanding of literacy and the art and science of teaching children how to read and write. By focusing on professional skills that improve over time and are not lost when administrations, buildings, or curricula change, CLI helps create a sustainable, school-wide culture of literacy that introduces students to the joys of reading, writing, and life-long learning.
– Creation of educational videos (external and internal video shoots) and video clips for the website and professional development content management site.
– Responsible for the coordination and execution of formal video shoots including coordinating with media sites and external consultants (i.e. video production agencies).
– Consults with key team members to script and storyboard multimedia projects.
– Assists with maintaining the multimedia budget, tracking expenditures and allocating resources.
– Sets deadlines for multimedia projects and communicates project plan to team members.
– Responsible for the post production of CLI’s educational multimedia, including the creation and/or use of motion graphics, title screens, audio projects (levels, etc as it pertains to video post-production).
– Responsible for exporting media into various formats depending on platform or usage.
– Manages CLI’s Educational Multimedia Library.
– Responsible for the design (layout, graphics etc.) of Content Team multimedia presentations, including Powerpoint, iBook/ flip books, Independent learning modules, and Recorded and scheduled webinars.
– Experience in video production, post-production, and graphic design.
– Understanding of video distribution platforms and their requirements.
– Must have strong writing, organizational, planning and communication skills.
– HTML/CSS experience a plus.
– Ability to record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion
graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
– Excellent video production and post-production skills, knowledge of and experience with the following Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, iBook Author, and Power Point.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
– High level of organizational skills with ability to innovate new procedures, prioritize work assignments, multi-task and follow through on timely basis.
– Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills. Interface diplomatically with all levels of internal and external contacts.
Click here to apply.