The Community College of Philadelphia is hiring a part-time video editor. The Video Editor Technical Craft Specialist B performs a full range of technical work to include editing CCPTV programs and video productions for cablecast on CCPTV. The position serves as a member of the CCPTV production crew, as needed, and performs other related duties. This is a part-time position with scheduled work hours of Monday through Friday 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. [Summer hours are Monday through Thursday 3:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.] The work schedule may involve some evening and weekend hours based upon the needs of the College.
– Edit video productions for cablecast on CCPTV and for other College uses; including assembling video and audio clips, creating and inserting title graphics, inserting other graphical elements, inserting music, equalizing audio and video for output and creating compressions for cablecast, DVD and the web.
– Serve on the CCPTV production crew, as needed.
– Operate video camera, operate teleprompter, and handle lighting set-up and other related tasks.
– Update the broadcast scheduler and Google calendar.
– Data enter file names of video compressions, descriptions of the programs, running time, talent, crew, show dates, etc. into Excel spreadsheets and Google Docs.
– Sort data and transfer data into Word for distribution as needed.
– Enter data and store data in accordance with pre-determined file naming protocols and locations.
– Organize pertinent digital files on MAC and PC platforms.
– Create file compressions for broadcast, DVD and the web.
– Create duplicate DVD’s as needed.
– Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
– Two (2) years of professional work experience in the video editing field with knowledge of video equipment, camera operation, personal computers, methods and techniques used in the video editing field required.
– Proficiency working with PC and MAC computer systems required.
– Knowledge of and proficiency using software editing systems required.
– Proficiency utilizing MS Word and MS Excel required.
– Ability to enter data into Google Docs and update Google calendars required.
– Ability to work independently or as a team member required.
– Ability to work nights and Saturdays, as needed, is required.
– Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
– Associate’s degree or higher in a related field preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
– Adobe Premier Pro experience preferred.
Click here to apply.