The Philadelphia Film Society is looking to hire a new Office Manager & Executive Assistant. The Office Manager & Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director, managing the daily operations of the non-profit Philadelphia Film Society offices and providing additional administrative support to the organization as needed. The mission of the Philadelphia Film Society is to create opportunities for diverse communities to experience film through initiatives that inspire, educate, challenge and entertain.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director
- Assist with research and draft reports to further the developmental goals of the organization
- Assist with correspondence needs – transcribe, create, proofread, etc.
- Coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, and escort visitors as needed
- Oversees and maintains the physical office space.
- Coordinates with the marketing team to generate collateral materials, event programs, event signage and other custom promotional material pertaining to the organization and its events
- Coordinate incoming festival screeners and submissions, cataloging them and allocating them to the screening committee members.
- Review and redirect incoming correspondence to ensure assistance is provided as needed for customers, suppliers and other general queries
- Prepare and organize documentation and items needed for support of any presentations, upcoming meetings, negotiations, etc.
- Assist with in-house meetings and special events that occur throughout the year.
- Assist with basic website maintenance (editing, updating, etc)
- Assist with other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; recent graduates welcome.
- 1-2 years of experience in an assistant role.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in web and Adobe Creative Suite tools, with advanced skills in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and multiple task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Dedication to providing quality customer service.
- Must possess excellent proofreading skills, with keen attention to detail.
To apply, Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org