PhillyCAM is looking to hire a Project Coordinator for the People’s Media Collection, an exciting library initiative funded by a prototype grant from the Knight Foundation. PhillyCAM will be running programming and a training series at the Northeast Regional branch and West Oak Lane branch libraries. The Project Coordinator will oversee a 6-month process to identify interested library patrons and staff and then lead them through a series of place-based media making workshops in each library branch. The goal is to create an accessible means of production for library users to create digital media snapshots of personal stories, events, programs and resources which will make up the People’s Collection, an online searchable collection of locally-generated content. The project will culminate in a LIVE TV broadcast at each library branch.
– Work with library staff to identify interested patrons, volunteers and community partners. Help with recruitment efforts to these groups.
– Work with PCAM staff on curriculum development.
– Lead weekly workshops at each site.
– Provide support to tech ambassadors who will be branch-specific assistants.
– Work with library staff to arrange equipment use, storage, and media management.
– Work with PCAM and library staff to conduct local outreach efforts.
– Work with PhillyCAM staff to refine curriculum and plan workshops offerings.
– Support participants in the editing of media, adding graphics, titles, and audio.
– Assist with the uploading of media to the collection and other online platforms.
– Support with the creation of ‘meta-moments’ to document process and instruct participants on tips for use and creation.
– Assisting users with general computing and media literacy concepts through one-on-one training.
– At least three years experience teaching video production and editing.
– Strong organizational and project management skills.
– Strong community experience, working with diverse groups of people.
– Excellent communication and people skills; flexible team player.
– Ability to troubleshoot the use of different types of technology and equipment.
– Commitment to public access and community media values.
– Experience using Mac and PC platforms and mobile devices.
Other Job Requirements
– Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent problem solving skills, capacity to troubleshoot, and make recommendations.
– Proficient in Adobe Premiere and other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
– Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
– Position may require evening and weekend work hours.
– Proof of PA Background check.
– Valid and current Driver’s License.
Other Desirable Skills
– Creative and resourceful.
– Event producing experience.
– Bilingual capabilities, especially in Spanish or Asian languages.
– Available to work on evenings and Saturdays.
Project Coordinator will be hired as an independent contractor approximately 70 hours per month at a rate of $30 per hour.
Anticipated Start Date
This position would be for a six month term beginning March through August 2017. The majority of the work will be at the 2 library branches.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of introduction (that specifies how your experience, knowledge and skills match the identified duties, responsibilities, and requirements of this position), resume and the names/contact info of three professional references to upload with the application. We would also request that you include a link to a work sample to give an idea of your media production skills. Applications that fail to fulfill these requirements will not be considered. SEND VIA EMAIL to email@example.com with the SUBJECT LINE: Project Coordinator. Please no phone calls.
Deadline to Apply
Tuesday, February 21, 2017