The Philadelphia 76ers are hiring a Producer/Editor. The Philadelphia 76ers is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by one of the industry’s most decorated and well-respected sports business executives in CEO Scott O’Neil. The Sixers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the entire sports industry. The Sixers offer an energetic working environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Producer/Editor is responsible for assisting in the creative development and execution of assigned video programs, including commercial vignettes, ancillary programming and/or 76ers related projects. Oversee assigned production teams and manage daily production schedules on a per project basis. Establish relationships with appropriate personnel and/or staff in various 76ers departments to ensure proper coordination of projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Manage assigned shows, special programs or 76ers related projects. Manage the daily
planning and execution, in coordination with Senior Producer and Senior Production
Manager, of all assigned programs and/or projects. Supervise personnel on the assigned
– Oversee the editorial content of assigned projects to ensure that the quality is at the highest level.
– Coordinate with Senior Production Manager in setting shooting and edit schedules; administer personnel assignments regarding those schedules.
– Maintain project budgets. Oversee logistics and some administrative duties.
-Determine creative standard, approve ideas, scripts, edits and the final product on assigned projects.
– Shoot and Produce programming and projects as assigned.
– Develop lines of communication and relationships with various 76ers departments to ensure efficient execution of projects.
– Handle client relations, make contacts, get creative approvals and follow through on assigned projects.
– Assist in the development and execution of new business opportunities and proposals.
– Execute programming as appropriate that reflects the 76ers’s overall objectives and initiatives.
– Minimum 5 years in the television production industry with prior staff management experience.
– Production experience should include single and multi-camera field production and all phases of post-production, as well as developing program content, formulating show budgets, generating creative treatments, organizing show rundowns, script writing and line-producing for a wide variety of programming. – Experience in the different styles of single and multi-camera ENG shooting, lighting technique, interviewing and editing of feature material.
– Familiarity with the following production systems and/or technical equipment: digital non-linear video editing, non-linear audio editing and computer graphics.
– Solid computer skills.
– Familiarity with advancing and emerging technologies and techniques related to television production.
– Sports production background preferred, experience with the game of basketball a plus Special Position Requirement.
– Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Click here for information on how to apply.