The Association for the Colonial Theatre is hiring a Marketing & Communications Coordinator. ACT is a non-profit organization which owns and operates two historic buildings in downtown Phoenixville that function as a single venue containing three theatres – the original, 1903 theatre with 650 seats and two state-of-the-art theatres in the adjacent 1925 Bank of Phoenixville building. Programming includes first-run, independent, and classic films, young audience shows, concerts and community events. ACT’s mission is to inspire audiences by presenting exceptional and eclectic film and performance for all in Phoenixville’s historic Colonial Theatre.
Phoenixville is a post-industrial steel town named one of the ‘Ten Hottest Suburban Philadelphia towns’ by Philadelphia Magazine (2017) and recently featured by Forbes Magazine (2019) for its burgeoning craft beer scene. Phoenixville is home to 17,000 residents and growing and is located in northern Chester County, approximately 45 minutes from Center City Philadelphia. In the last three years, Phoenixville has enjoyed an influx of new residents and businesses, spurred by the construction of hundreds of apartments and the addition of breweries, restaurants and shops in the theatre’s immediate vicinity.
– Design digital and print collateral and communications vehicles, including advertisements, newsletters, e-blasts, flyers, postcards and other branded imagery and promotional materials.
– Create and schedule content for social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
– Take and/or curate photos, videos and stories from the field that highlight ACT’s impact on relevant communities (e.g., students, local non-profits, local residents).
– Monitor social media platform comments and submissions.
– Create and deliver timely content updates to webpages.
– Prepare analytics reports using Google Analytics, platform insights and other analytics tools.
– Help build and sustain strategic marketing partnerships and cross-promotions with community organizations and for-profit businesses in Phoenixville and beyond.
– Help implement partnerships including by distributing content to partner organizations for e-mail trades, ad swaps and newsletters.
– Draft press releases.
– Coordinate with team to brainstorm programming that drives marketing goals.
– Assist in identifying and developing revenue potential through promotions and programmatic partnerships.
– Assist with promotion and execution of events.
– Assist with design and implementation of surveys and interpretation of results
– Research new opportunities for social outreach and building awareness with new audiences.
– Brainstorm and implement creative means of content delivery and community engagement, and keep apprised of best practices and emerging tactics.
– Archive and organize patron comments and stories for ACT’s marketing, PR and development needs.
– Facilitate relationships with public relations, printing and other outsourced marketing-related vendors.
– List management, including data capture and segmentation.
– Perform other duties as requested.
– A degree in marketing, communications, business, arts administration or similar area. We will consider applications from Seniors due to receive a relevant degree in 2019.
– Experience in the following technology and applications is strongly desired: an Email Marketing Service (e.g. MailChimp, Constant Contact), a Web Content Management System (e.g. WordPress), basic HTML and CSS, Google Docs, Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro), Microsoft Products (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel).
– Strong writing and communications skills with experience writing for a variety of platforms.
– Proven abilities in meeting deadlines.
– Ability to think strategically and creatively.
– Experience with photography and video creation for social media.
– Keen interest and enthusiasm for the arts and an awareness of new developments in marketing, digital platforms and social media.
– Hard work ethic, willingness to go the extra mile and take pride in output.
– Night and weekend work is required for certain events and postings.
– A reliable automobile is required since public transportation to/from Phoenixville is very limited.
$27,500 to $32,500 (depending on experience), plus benefits.
Please submit (a) your CV and (b) a cover letter briefly explaining your background and interest in the position to Opportunity@thecolonialtheatre.com.